[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

My initial opinion

RykerTylerRykerTyler
in Gameplay Discussion
I'll start off saying that i'm in no way a pro or very experienced player of this genre, i have played a couple of them and once in a while play with friends but that's about it.

-The drifting feels terrible, i'd only use it if the turn is over 90 degrees. You do get a boost afterward (only in racing mode) but it hardly makes up for the speed you lose from drifting (i've tested it out in a solo game). Personally i'd like the drifting to be more like the other racing games out there (mario kart | sega all stars | crash team racing | ... ) where you can (almost) drift in a straight line and adjust the drifting while turning and automatically use the boost instead of getting a boost item. Again, the drifting as it is now feels terrible IMO.

-The items aren't per se bad, but almost all of them are auto aimed in one way or another. I believe the only one that requires some form of aim is the water balloon(?) that you throw further ahead and the banana peel. That makes me feel there's very little skill to the game, especially considering the weird drifting that should be avoided right now.

Comments

• LiltyaLiltya
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 8,485
    Hi RykerTyler,

Thank you for your feedback! We've heard quite a bit of feedback that some of the mechanics, such as drifting, and how to use items weren't well explained. I will pass along your feedback to the rest of the team.