[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Matchmaking

suzyiukimsuzyiukim
KartRider: Drift Rep: 225
edited 3:08PM April 19, 2020 in Gameplay Discussion
Hello. I loved playing Kart Rider throughout my life. I am very excited for this release.

One thing is important: don't enable skill-based mathmaking (SBMM), even in non-ranked games. It ruins any competitive game. By enabling SBMM, a player can never get "better" relative to his/her opponents, and it leads to longer matchmaking times.. There's no point getting better if you keep playing with those with a similar skill level.

Another note: don't keep track of how many times you lose in games. Don't include both Games Won and Games played at the same time, because it shows you how many times you lost. It's no fun looking at your statistics and seeing "Games won: 10, Games played: 900). Instead, just keep track of wins only (maybe 3rd place or above). Better yet, don't implement stats or only measure stats on ranked games only. Or just not put these stats at all like the original kart rider.
bfontHaoDieMan