[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Game Crash

starshoter1starshoter1
KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
in Bug Reporting
Playing through the Nexon Launcher and the game crashes about 3 minutes into playing, currently cannot get past tutorials

Comments

• assassinxxxassassinxxx
    I'm with the same problem. The game simply disappear and Nexon Laucher says that the game is running. So, I have to close all Nexon to try play the game again.
  • LiltyaLiltya
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 8,485
    Hiya,

For those experiencing this issue, can I please get some additional information:
    - What message or error do you get when the game crashes?
    - Where in the game are you when it crashes?
    - Any additional information to help us troubleshoot this bug

Thanks!
    L3Joker
  • L3JokerL3Joker
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    Liltya wrote: »
    Hiya,

For those experiencing this issue, can I please get some additional information:

Thanks!

When pressing 'Play' only message i get is windows saying it stopped responding
    ild love to give you something to help troubleshoot but one simply cannot as i cant do anything on the game unless i use KBM
  • starshoter1starshoter1
    Hiya,

Thanks!

-There is no error message, the game just closes itself and the nexon launcher indicates that I'm still in game for a minute, then I'm able to press play again
    -It's been happening at different places, but with each crash, I'm able to play further into the tutorial and that's where I'm currently stuck at still
  • punishthem420punishthem420
    edited 6:03PM June 3, 2020
    exact same thing happening here . I can't even play the game at all.

it says hit A and when i do that it loads to the next screen and immediately closes the game . Tried like 20 times .
    i am playing on stream and trying to use a controller and it will not let me .
  • L3JokerL3Joker
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    exact same thing happening here . I can't even play the game at all.

it says hit A and when i do that it loads to the next screen and immediately closes the game . Tried like 20 times .
    i am playing on stream and trying to use a controller and it will not let me .

same mate getting bored now ive watched people play on stream and they are working
  • AromaCometAromaComet
    edited 6:42PM June 3, 2020
    Hiya,

Thanks!

There was no error message when I crashed. The game closes on it's own when a DualShock 4 controller is connected (Not sure about other controllers).
    Couldn't get further than the start screen.
  • FasterplayerFasterplayer
    The solution is to disconnect any controller on the pc and should be good.
  • LiltyaLiltya
    AromaComet wrote: »
    Hiya,

Thanks!

There was no error message when I crashed. The game closes on it's own when a DualShock 4 controller is connected (Not sure about other controllers).
    Couldn't get further than the start screen.

Hi. The game and Dual Shock controller are not compatible. Having a Dual Shock controller will cause the game to crash.

If you try to start the game without the Dual Shock controller being hooked up, can you see if it still crashes?
  • clappyocheeksclappyocheeks
    Liltya, the game can run with Dualshock controllers, the error is this below

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 6/3/2020 10:24:56 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-EM1E6RQ
    Description:
    Faulting application name: KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: NexonAnalytics64.dll, version: 2.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ec66bae
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001f1dcc
    Faulting process id: 0x200
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d63a0d28d7353a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\NexonAnalytics64.dll
    Report Id: 2d21502b-b294-4007-be8b-f5da4b8403bc
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-06-04T02:24:56.759611200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5174</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-EM1E6RQ</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.24.3.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>NexonAnalytics64.dll</Data>
    <Data>2.5.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5ec66bae</Data>
    <Data>c0000409</Data>
    <Data>00000000001f1dcc</Data>
    <Data>200</Data>
    <Data>01d63a0d28d7353a</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\NexonAnalytics64.dll</Data>
    <Data>2d21502b-b294-4007-be8b-f5da4b8403bc</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

• DavydJonesDavydJones
    The solution is to disconnect any controller on the pc and should be good.

My game crashes without any controllers during the tutorial (I am trying to run this on my laptop).
  • RebeccathjueRebeccathjue
    the game crashes here too.
    no controller and no error message when it crashes.
    I am from Europe..is that a problem?
  • crookedCommandercrookedCommander
    Hi, I have the same problem. The game crashes after only a few minutes without any error message (I'm using it on my laptop with a bluetooth mouse, maybe that's the problem?)
  • LiltyaLiltya
    edited 12:25PM June 6, 2020
    @clappyocheeks,
    Thank you for the information that you have provided, that will be helpful as we investigate the crashes :)

There appear to be multiple different crashes occurring. One known issue is is that having a PS4 controller / Dual Shock controller may cause the game to crash, as none of those are currently supported. Yes, it may be possible for the game to run with that controller connected. However, if the game is crashing and if a PS4 controller is hooked up, we are asking players to try loading it without the controller. Otherwise, it is difficult for us to troubleshoot what might actually be causing the problem.

For those experiencing crashes: We're currently investigating why these are happening. Our Senior GM has some steps that he would like you to follow, as these have helped other PC players resolve the crash issues. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if your game is still crashing after trying these steps.

I have an update from our Senior GM on steps you can take to troubleshoot/fix the crashes.

Known to cause the game to crash:
    - Some controllers (Dual Shock / PS4 / Logitech): Having these controllers connected, even if you aren't planning to use them, will cause the game to crash. Xbox controllers are safe to use and do NOT cause the game to crash.
    - There's a known issue with BitDefender where the "Advanced Threat Defense" and "Ransomware Remediation" in the protection tab are causing issues when trying to run KartRider, so you may have to temporarily disable these when playing.

Hello everyone.

I think the best way to narrow down crashes is to eliminate as much potential external interference as possible, see if it works smoothly without anything interfering (if it doesn't then we've already narrowed it down a lot), and then slowly switch things back on. Here are a few steps you can try, and as always, we appreciate any feedback, or if you locate any issues.

1. Set both the "KartRider" file and your launcher (Nexon/Steam) to run as admin by doing the following ->Right click->Properties->Compatibility->Change Settings for all users->Run as admin.

2. Restart computer via Clean Boot -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

3. Disable any security software (antivirus/firewall etc.)

4. Run game

--- If this works
    1. Re-enable security software

--- If this works
    1. Turn back on any programs important to you and start narrowing things down from here.

Again, any feedback is appreciated!

--- If this works
    1. Turn back on any programs important to you and start narrowing things down from here.

Again, any feedback is appreciated!
  • davidgutgon16davidgutgon16
    I enter the game and after a few seconds it takes me out of the game without jumping any errors I'm on steam any solution I don't use any controller I'm just trying to make it work
  • gusti27gusti27
    edited 12:27PM February 6, 2023
    Game crashes 1 minute after starting, i tried open exe as administrator and i dont have any anti virus on. game opens trough nexon launcher.
    i have enough ram and cpu and gpu power.
  • 1uka1231uka123
    i dont know if it crashes for me or not it just gets stuck on loading screen
  • FadedwastakenFadedwastaken
    When I start loading into a race my loading stops at 1/4 and my game crashes
  • alissonpigalissonpig
    I tested all the methods and none worked, I'm crashing after a few minutes of playing, I enter the game normally, with the game running normally. Please, if you could help me, I would appreciate it, I really want to play. (NOTE: I'm from Brazil, I translated the text using Google Translate) PLEASE
  • ashllyzashllyz
    I'm playing via stream on my laptop and the game always crashes and exits. I used my controller for the game and tried without it but it still crashes.