[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Game crashes

KoushiroKoushiro
KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
in Tech Support
The game crashes after I click on Play. When it loads to the next screen i just crash. No errors pop up.
Antheia

Comments

• AntheiaAntheia
    Same here! I can't stay in settings it just crashes.
  • gibbadogabonegibbadogabone
    same here it tries to load then crashes
  • L3JokerL3Joker
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    my game crashes while using controller works fine for KBM
    HELP!!!!!
  • DustoManDustoMan
    Koushiro wrote: »
    The game crashes after I click on Play. When it loads to the next screen i just crash. No errors pop up.

I have the same thing on Steam. I did find an application error in the event log:
    Faulting application name: KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: NexonAnalytics64.dll, version: 2.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ec66bae
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001f1dcc
    Faulting process id: 0x3be4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d63a0b396bd147
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\KartRider-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KartRider Drift Closed Beta\KartRider\Binaries\Win64\NexonAnalytics64.dll
    Report Id: 326e92aa-02b3-4381-9557-6871b77235d3
    Faulting package full name:
  • AnimXYZAnimXYZ
    Same on Steam. :/
  • JoloonJoloon
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 5
    Game just closes without any error message when I press play.

FYI: everytime this happens, I validate steam local files and there is always 6 files missing. I download them, and always same thing happens. Rinse and Repeat
    Rueza
  • DamagexDamagex
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 200
    edited 10:19AM June 4, 2020
    Me too! i tried with Steam and Nexon Launcher, both with administrator privilege, but the game crash always!

Solved: the joypad make the game crash. Remove your pad and the game will start! (i have a ps4 Controller)
  • LiltyaLiltya
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 8,485
    I have an update from our Senior GM on steps you can take to troubleshoot/fix the crashes.

Hello everyone.

I think the best way to narrow down crashes is to eliminate as much potential external interference as possible, see if it works smoothly without anything interfering (if it doesn't then we've already narrowed it down a lot), and then slowly switch things back on. Here are a few steps you can try, and as always, we appreciate any feedback, or if you locate any issues.

1. Set both the "KartRider" file and your launcher (Nexon/Steam) to run as admin by doing the following ->Right click->Properties->Compatibility->Change Settings for all users->Run as admin.

2. Restart computer in Safe Mode with Networking -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode (you can do clean boot in favor of this if you want, but if it doesn't work, go back to this one)

3. Disable any security software (antivirus/firewall etc.)

4. Run game

--- If this works
    1. Clean boot with same parameters -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

--- If this works
    1. Re-enable security software

--- If this works
    1. Turn back on any programs important to you and start narrowing things down from here.

Again, any feedback is appreciated!
  • ChaddiusChaddius
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    Both myself and a friend who have been playing had the crashes occur when we had our PS4 controllers connected to our PCs while trying to play on Steam. Disconnecting the PS4 controllers allows us to play with KB/M no problem.
    Liltya
  • goformickeygoformickey
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
    +1

I can confirm also that I had the same crash and it was resolved by unplugging my ps4 controller.
    Liltya
  • vicoovvicoov
    using normal HP laptop, the game crashes after atleast 15 seconds of being in. I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 8 which did help slightly but the game still crashes and closes. Why cant I change compatibility to Windows 10, would be better?