[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Controller Crash

DeBortoli11DeBortoli11
KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
in Bug Reporting
Whenever a DualShock 4 is plugged in to play on PC game instantly crashes
punishthem420

Comments

• L3JokerL3Joker
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    Ye same - doing my nut in now
  • L3JokerL3Joker
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    just wanna drift some corners and that but cant because KBM sucks
  • punishthem420punishthem420
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    Whenever a DualShock 4 is plugged in to play on PC game instantly crashes

same here !
  • LiltyaLiltya
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 8,485
    Hi guys!

I have an update regarding the controllers. For the Closed Beta, we only officially support Xbox controllers. So, if you are trying to use a PS4 controller, that can cause the game to crash.

If you remove the controller and just play using the keyboard (or with an Xbox controller), you should be good to go.
  • thenab0303thenab0303
    edited 4:48AM June 4, 2020
    For anyone else having this issue you can download DS4 Windows and in the settings tick "Hide DS4 Controller". The program with hide the fact that the PS4 controller is plugged in and emulate an Xbox controller, allowing you to play the game.
    punishthem420
  • 8eebs8eebs
    edited 3:43AM June 4, 2020
    having the same issue guys, this led me here. I was playing with an xbox controller last night no problem. Today i wanted to switch to my DS4 and receiving the same crash after the game logs in.

This needs to be fixed, DS4 controllers are just better.
    punishthem420
  • punishthem420punishthem420
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    Liltya wrote: »
    Hi gu
    I have an update regarding the controllers. For the Closed Beta, we only officially support Xbox controllers. So, if you are trying to use a PS4 controller, that can cause the game to crash.

If you remove the controller and just play using the keyboard (or with an Xbox controller), you should be good to go.

I hope you guys get this fixed for the release . I have not owned an xbox and I don't see myself going out to buy a controller i don't like just to play 1 game .
  • Eckoman518Eckoman518
    thenab0303 wrote: »
    For anyone else having this issue you can download DS4 Windows and in the settings tick "Hide DS4 Controller". The program with hide the fact that the PS4 controller is plugged in and emulate an Xbox controller, allowing you to play the game.

Sweet thanks for the work around. I currently use input mapper (which is the newer version of DS4 Windows). That option i'snt available on that app. But DS4 Windows worked perfectly with that checked.