[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

PC instantly restarts after the Nexon intro

Almost_MediocreAlmost_Mediocre
KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
in Tech Support
Hello, when I try to open the game my computer instantly shuts down and restarts after the first Nexon intro.
I don't have any other issues in different games so it does seem to be game specific. Haven't really seen this exact problem on here, hopefully someone can help.
I have a Vega 56, Win10 and tried to play through Steam

Comments

• Almost_MediocreAlmost_Mediocre
    Ps. I tried your 4 step method but my game doesn't even start in safe mode because of a directX issue
  • LiltyaLiltya
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 8,485
    Sorry to hear that you're having issues @Almost_Mediocre,

There are two known issues. I just want to confirm first that neither of these would affect you:
    - Some controllers (Dual Shock / PS4 / Logitech): Having these controllers connected, even if you aren't planning to use them, will cause the game to crash. Xbox controllers are safe to use and do NOT cause the game to crash.
    - There's a known issue with BitDefender where the "Advanced Threat Defense" and "Ransomware Remediation" in the protection tab are causing issues when trying to run KartRider, so you may have to temporarily disable these when playing.

Assuming that those don't apply to you. I actually just revised the troubleshoot guide, per the GMs recommendation. It seems as though upon further testing, Safe Mode doesn't always allow the game to run (as you saw). If you haven't yet, would you be willing to try the revised instructions, which basically take out the Safe Mode step.

1. Set both the "KartRider" file and your launcher (Nexon/Steam) to run as admin by doing the following ->Right click->Properties->Compatibility->Change Settings for all users->Run as admin.

2. Restart computer via Clean Boot -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

3. Disable any security software (antivirus/firewall etc.)

4. Run game

--- If this works
    1. Re-enable security software

--- If this works
    1. Turn back on any programs important to you and start narrowing things down from here.

Apologies that you're experiencing these issues and hopefully we'll be able to get you into the game soon!
    Thank you for answering, sadly this did not fix my issue.
  • LiltyaLiltya
    Thank you for answering, sadly this did not fix my issue.

Sorry to hear that didn't help. Are you playing on Steam or the Nexon Launcher?

There are two known issues that can cause the game to crash:
    1. There is a known issue where the game crashes when a PS4 controller is connected, please ensure you disconnect your PS4 controller before opening the game.
    2. There is a known issue with BitDefender where the "Advanced Threat Defense" and "Ransomware Remediation" in the protection tab are causing issues when trying to run Kart Rider, so you may have to temporarily disable these when playing if you use BitDefender.
    I don´t have any controller connected and tried starting the game with both firewall and antivirus disabled, both to no avail. I couldn´t find any other complaint about people having the same issue as my whole pc shuts down and restarts, as soon as the Nexon intro ends and not just the game.
  • LiltyaLiltya
    I don´t have any controller connected and tried starting the game with both firewall and antivirus disabled, both to no avail. I couldn´t find any other complaint about people having the same issue as my whole pc shuts down and restarts, as soon as the Nexon intro ends and not just the game.

Sorry none of those helped. I've passed this along, and if I hear anything, I will let you know
  • LiltyaLiltya
    Thank you

Hi,

Our GM has requested some additional information. They would like your DxDiag log to help you troubleshoot the issues. You can send it to me here, or send in a Support ticket.