[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Game makes PC run incredibly hot!

AlkalidumAlkalidum
KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
edited 1:27PM June 9, 2020 in Tech Support
So i was playing Kartrider:Drift the other day for a couple hours until suddenly my PC completely shut down, at first i thought it was a power cut so thought nothing of it until the next day when playing Kartrider again and after a while it shut down, after this happened for the 3rd time i decided to do a little research and found out it was due to overheating.

I found this weird as i've never had any issues with any other games and can play Rocket League and other games for hours without any issues, So i downloaded a program called SpeedFan which tells you all your PC temperatures and tested several games, i tried this with Rocket League, Final Fantasy FFXIV, Hearthstone and KartRider:Drift and was pretty surprised at the results as KartRider was making my PC run at almost 20% hotter than any of those other games!

I play FFXIV for 3-4 hours every day and never have any issues, i know its a much older game but i run it on the highest settings and it has a ton of special effects and in raids you're with 23 other players at the same time, unfortunately i will not be able to take part in any more of this beta as i'm worried it could end up damaging my PC but i hope you can look into this as it seems like an optimization issue. I've also tried running Kartrider and much lower settings but the results stay exactly the same.

edit: Would be interesting to see someone else run this test with a couple different games and post your results.