[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Closed Beta 3 Feedback

WompalaWompala
KartRider: Drift Rep: 360
edited 4:00PM October 27, 2021 in Closed Beta Feedback
Greetings Racers,

We are revving up for our third Closed Beta Test on December 8th! We are thrilled to have you join us on the racetrack and would love to have your feedback on your experience leading up to and during this closed beta. Please feel free to use this thread to post any general feedback you may have on KartRider: Drift.
Gokai_GingerGokuUltraInstinG

Comments

• Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 410
    Hi there,
    I cant sign up for the beta "An error has occurred - try again later"...
    (Choosed Steam launcher)
  • WompalaWompala
    Hello! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Our team is working to fix this error at this time, but here are a few ways you may be able to work around the problem in the meantime:
    - Unblock third party cookies on your browser or device
    - Disable adblocker on your browser or device
    - Try using a different browsers or device (for some people, specific browsers were causing this error to occur).
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    Thank you!
    With Chrome it's working...

Something is weird with my samsung browser. Ad blocker off but keeps disconnecting me and don't auto sign in again, not asking for cookies...
  • BianHongBianHong
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 200
    I am glad and happy I got selected for the Closed Beta 3. I have been occasionally playing the KartRider Rush+ and looking forward on this PC version.

One of the things I like so far about the KartRider Drift is how it is not being too cluttered with windows and popups to click to redeem or claim rewards for dailies and events. At least for now that is the case for this game. I just hope this KartRider Drift does not end up being the same situation as the Rush+ where there are too much tapping going on. Too many events going on at the same time. Too many places to tap.

Currently, this game is definitely better with using a console controller versus the keyboard.

Are there any plans for the option to use driving simulator racing wheel and foot pedals?

• BianHongBianHong
    edited 2:12PM December 9, 2021
    Would be nice if the game audio "shuts off" or gets muted once the game window is minimized. I set mine to Window mode but the game audio stay audible even when game window is minimized.
  • joklhopsjoklhops
    Is this challenge intentional? Seems intense. I haven't been able to do one race with twenty boosts, I'm bad, but still!
    "Finish 10 Speed Solo Races (Use 20 Boosts per race.)"
  • kartklusterkartkluster
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    Hello guys,

I have issues with the game disconnecting after logging in for 2 minutes with the opening scene (kart flying to the ground). I have tried multiple times to start the game again but it keeps disconnecting me from the game. If any help is possible thanks! Look forward to playing this game.
  • WompalaWompala
    Hello guys,

I have issues with the game disconnecting after logging in for 2 minutes with the opening scene (kart flying to the ground). I have tried multiple times to start the game again but it keeps disconnecting me from the game. If any help is possible thanks! Look forward to playing this game.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Can you let us know what platform you are using, and any error messages you are getting, or if you have any screenshots of the problems before disconnecting?
  • kartklusterkartkluster
    edited 9:17PM December 9, 2021
    Wompala wrote: »
    Hello guys,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Can you let us know what platform you are using, and any error messages you are getting, or if you have any screenshots of the problems before disconnecting?

I am using Nexon Launcher on Windows 11, it just runs normally for like 2 minutes then disconnects without a error message.
  • DerNamenvolleDerNamenvolle
    edited 1:42PM December 10, 2021
    Some racing pass challenges are way too hard. For example "Finish 5 Item Squad Races" with the Condition "Use 5 Seeker Missiles per race.". It feels like you only get Seeker Missiles in first place and that position is very hard to hold in a squad race with 8 people lol. IMO, these Conditions should be removed entirely. Just finishing the races or getting first to third place should be enough to fulfill the challenges (and then maybe reduce the amount of cups you get from each challenge so people don't progress too fast)
  • iceboyiceboy
    No sound in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. No problem in Windows 10. Tested with Nexon Launcher.
  • Gokai_GingerGokai_Ginger
    I'm a bit new to the forum.
    Game is cool. Needs bigger variety of weapons, carts etc but fundamentally it works pretty good.
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    edited 4:44AM December 11, 2021
    Win 10 (Steam launcher), Keyboard
    I'm happy to race again!

But there are some frustrating things
    - Sometimes the game is disconnecting from the server and crashes down
    - I have to press F5, press Enter, press F5 to start the next race (even same mode) and sometimes F5 pushes me back to the race mode selection instead of search for races
    - I noticed very often (item mode) that karts are crashing barriers and are still in front of me, no sign of used shields or wings
    - If I got hit I can get hit again and again afterwards without having the short shield time
    - I can't create a race which is open for everyone
    - waiting for races and waiting for players is boring while there's nothing to do or see as long as it takes It's even not visible if there are races available or players joining
  • MatoLabuMatoLabu
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 300
    edited 11:10AM December 11, 2021
    Hello everyone! It's my first message here.
    (I copy it from discord to be sure to be read^^, I hope it's not a problem!)
    I wanted to thx Nexon and all the dev team (Nitro Studio?) for creating such great games.

So here we are, I've been playing KRDrift for 2 days now, and... I can't do it. :/
    I play Speed mode only (I played a lot of KRR+ Diamond III in ranked).
    In short, I feel a heaviness in the controls, in the change of direction, in the drifts and in the sequence of drifts.

Simple example: I can't link a Double Drift, followed by a Single Drift in the opposite direction... each time either my last drift doesn't start, or I slow down very strongly, I don't understand what's going on, I don't feel the mechanics in my fingers...

In fact, (sorry if it's curt), my current dream would be that driving in KRD would be (at least) exactly the same as in KRR+: the same sensations, the same reactivity, the same nervousness, the same possible techniques (S-Charge, etc., because right now I have the impression that I just can't... unless it's me who can't do it...), the same "permissiveness" in the linking of techniques... In short, to find the so addictive feeling of the previous episode!

The same thing, improved, with the new content, on my TV, in my couch. :D

By the way, I didn't clearly understand how to do the Quick Boost, I have the impression that I have to release and press the acceleration button again... what?
    So -> I tried to bind a second gas button, in turbo mode (with JoyToKey) that I press continuously in addition to the default gas button (RT on XOne pad), and it seems to do the effect of "Auto quick boost" of KRR+... but I feel like cheating when I do that!

Finally I have the impression that during the Quick Boost you can't use the N2O... whaaat??...
    Sorry but I'm having a hard time with the new mechanics of this episode...

So my request/suggestion is simple and quite raw... sorry, but...
    Would it be possible to find the exact KRR+ feeling in KRD? :D

Thank you again for all your hard work! :)
    The game is really welcoming, visuals are really pleasant, musics are very nice (I especially love the KRR+ theme remixes, in the main menu and while loading races ^^),
    Everything really makes me want to play!
    I'm also a game developer so I imagine you must have worked hard to achieve this level of quality and technical reliability (cross-platform, etc. so nice).
    Take your time, make it super great!

I hope my feedback will be useful to you, and that it will allow you to turn the game into an even better version!

I wish you a very nice day.
    MatoLabu
  • iceboyiceboy
    Some nice to have features:
    1. Text chat. Even better with machine translation.
    2. Enter options menu everywhere, e.g. while queuing.
    3. Separate main music and drift volume. Bring back classic KartRider shortcut keys (F7, F8).
    4. Ability to quit a group, also support removing other users from group.
    5. Record and replay. Ability to delete best record or support multiple shadows.
  • ClarensClarens
    Hello, there is no sound in the game. Intro sounds right, but one it starts, 0 sound and no option to change it.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64b, and played in Steam.
  • iceboyiceboy
    Clarens wrote: »
    Hello, there is no sound in the game. Intro sounds right, but one it starts, 0 sound and no option to change it.

Yeah. For now it seems you can only play with windows 10/11 if you want sound.
  • ViejoBorosViejoBoros
    I was able to get the code for the PS4, while I play it via PS5. I finished the tutorial, but that would be the furthest I was able to play. When waiting on a quick match, the furthest it would run would be the loading part that shows the track and all racers loading in. For me, it wouldn't load all the way and would end up crashing.

I do want to play it because it seems like a fun combo between MK and CTR, but can't fully judge it when I can't even join a race.
  • ClarensClarens
    iceboy wrote: »
    Clarens wrote: »

Yeah. For now it seems you can only play with windows 10/11 if you want sound.

Terrible then...
  • OwNu05OwNu05
    Throughly enjoying the game on ps5 so far. Put about 15-20 hours into this game and have played solo and with friends. Just going to list some pros, cons, and future stuff explaining thoughts behind them.

Pros:
    Loving the kart movement. It feels smooth and responsive.
    Battle pass/kart pass has a nice pace to it. I’ve had no problem leveling it up fairly quickly. I appreciate 3 tiers for a weekly and 1 tier for a daily. Great rewards as well, not a lot of filler content which I hope this continues for full launch.
    Haven’t had but 1 crash on my ps5 so that’s a big bonus.
    Like the event system, seems to give a good amount of rewards.
    Love the soundtrack, hoping for more songs come the full game!

Cons:
    Wish we could check challenges and customize kart and character while we are searching for a match.
    Trophy rewards for winning races. While it’s nice having the challenges, there’s no real incentive to win, mostly just finish races is fine. Maybe throw in 1-2 trophies for winning the race solo, duo, or team. With that being said, it may make the battle pass/kart pass too easy to level up, so maybe balance it out by making weekly challenges 20-25 trophies. Then people won’t complete the pass too quickly.
    Assuming there will be a shop with the full launch with cosmetics to purchase. I think it’s very reasonable to do little kart and character bundles anywhere from $2-$10 USD ($2 can be fines, $5 for rares, $8 for heroics, and $10 for a legendary bundles). Also assuming there will be a “premium” currency to purchase future passes and shop bundles/cosmetics.
    Variety in karts in races are kind of lacking. The legendary karts are statistically better (which I understand and make sense). Possibly make the stats different slightly for each kart. This will give them more use and give a better variety for gameplay (for example, deuce coupe could have a better boost duration and start boost but have slightly lower acceleration and drift efficiency).
    Lastly, the drafting doesn’t feel very impactful and is easy to acquire. Possibly make the slight speed boost last a second longer and the “hit box” smaller. Then you feel more rewarded for drafting.

Future stuff:
    More licenses and more boss fights. Thought that’s a very creative single player take and was fun to do and earn rewards for more stars.
    Split screen would be a great addition. I’m sure that’s way down the pipeline. Or maybe it’s not possible due to it being an online game (which is understandable).
    Adding bots to custom races. Playing with my girlfriend and friends, there’s a couple spots remaining so it feels a little empty. And also have the bots have 2-3 difficulty levels if you can (easy, medium, hard. Understand if that can’t happen).

Sorry for the long response but I’ve been analyzing the game this closed beta (3). This is my honest feedback and understand that everyone has their own opinion about changes they want made to the game. Overall really fun game, and looking forward to playing more when the full game comes out (hopefully early next year)!