[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

The Drifting

VythanLeVythanLe
KartRider: Drift Rep: 320
in Gameplay Discussion
If you Hold drift in a circle in Rush you will go in a very large circle, if you hold drift in kartrider drift you will go in a small half circle and stop.
This is because the physics in drift make a horizontal movement stop the car, unlike in rush, which only grants a slow debuff until the car eventually stops.

Rush also has a "Angle" put on the drift, obviously in this new one the angle is removed+the cars come to a complete halt, making for very painful controlling experience.
However you guys did add the "drift help" feature which is basically the same thing as rush, except its not because its limit is a 25 degree angle while in rush it's closer to a 37 degree.
So it's either extremely janky movement or extremely stiff, though stiff is much better.

Seeing as this is a game all about movement, I think it's pretty important to look at this:

In the past games, a cars "stats" and "Handling" are largely based around this very aspect. In other words, you guys need a stat sheet to manipulate the players handling and drift angles without being pay to win.

I would also like to point out that in rush, completing any drift grants instaboost, which stacks 3 times. From what I've played here you have to drift, drift cancel and go the opposite direction to get a tiny insta boost. Whats more important, an instaboost or running into the wall? terrible design. It also only stacks once unless its not showing up correctly on android.

You are also lacking battle modes, arcade modes, custom tracks and taunts.

But my main point is, please do something about this horrifyingly clunky mashup between the physics of the game and the drifting angles. It feels like a bad version of retro mario drifts, but worse.
liquidsin74SparkleX

Comments

• liquidsin74liquidsin74
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 130
    I have to agree. I cant tell what they tried to accomplish here. I doesn't feel like Kartrider at all. Its a horrible Mario Kart port if anything.
  • OttabieOttabie
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    I have to agree. I cant tell what they tried to accomplish here. I doesn't feel like Kartrider at all. Its a horrible Mario Kart port if anything.

they based the physics off on Kartrider 1(crazy racing). I remember playing it 7 or so years ago and it feels practically the same with the old game. Nexon's goal is to bring the old kartrider player to this game cause they closed kartrider 1 for this game. So have in mind that they based the physics off of Kartrider 1 and not rush+.
  • SparkleXSparkleX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 450
    I do agree with the sentiments of the Original Poster. The drifting feels really weird. Even though I haven't played other KartRider games. I HAVE however played Modern Mario Kart games (7,8, 8 Deluxe) & it's just not as rewarding to drift in this game (at least on Android).
  • BazziBazzi
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 210
    edited 8:43PM March 28, 2023
    I don't know if it's appropriate to say here, but "Kartrider Rush+" is actually developed by Tencent from China and share the same Unity code basis with their previous game "Garena Speed Drifters". While this game is a remastered version of the original kartrider, with the unreal engine.
  • conscons
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    Bazzi wrote: »
    I don't know if it's appropriate to say here, but "Kartrider Rush+" is actually developed by Tencent from China and share the same Unity code basis with their previous game "Garena Speed Drifters". While this game is a remastered version of the original kartrider, with the unreal engine.

This is correct and important to know.

The KartRider Drift mechanics is closer to KartRider original, and the same on mobile and desktop as far as I can tell. The KartRider Rush+ is adapted from the mechanics of the "Garena" one to be closer to the KartRider original and optimized for mobile experience I feel. I can see KartRider Rush+'s drift being better on mobile, but if there needs to be one version on desktop and mobile, it has to be the original one.