[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Severe LAG after latest update

SparkleXSparkleX
KartRider: Drift Rep: 450
in Tech Support
Hello, I live in New Zealand. I've been playing on my android device since the pre-season started, about a month ago. I have very good Wi-Fi & Broadband internet at home, where I play. The game had been running smoothly, most of the time, up until the latest mid-preseason patch on February 15. After this patch, the LAG has been insane. Players are warping all over the place, position in-race isn't registering until after about 2-3 seconds. Frame rates are stuttering. And you can barely lock onto other players since it's so laggy!
What the heck Nexon?!?!? Are you trying to see if you can get away with less maintenance costs by reducing the server resources? Because if you are, then it's not working! This doesn't look very promising for the upcoming Full console release & Season 1. This, along with the drifting mechanics players have been complaining about is a killer combo! If you keep this up, word of mouth will spread that Nexon isn't investing enough resources & money into the up-keep & full launch of Kart Rider Drift. And this can be devastating for a new live-service game. I really want to speak good things about this game & recommend it to my friends. But you're making it REALLY HARD by taking so many steps backwards, rather than forward! Step up your game Nexon, step up your game!
TheHeavieKiwie
  1. Are you also experiencing INCREASED LAG, after the latest update? (Especially on mobile platforms)2 votes
    1. Yes, more LAG & Unstable connection
       100% (2 votes)
    2. No, noticeable difference in connection quality
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 770
    I saw your reply from the other post and I must agree this has become quite an extremely important concern. We are already nearing the final stage and getting ready for Season 1 but this happens. At this rate, it will give a horrible first impression to the players that hop into the game during Season 1.
    SparkleX
  • SparkleXSparkleX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 450
    I saw your reply from the other post and I must agree this has become quite an extremely important concern. We are already nearing the final stage and getting ready for Season 1 but this happens. At this rate, it will give a horrible first impression to the players that hop into the game during Season 1.

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I have no idea if NEXON reads the community feedback provided in this forum or not. They seem very laid back with their efforts to fine tune this game. It's like the Dev team is oblivious to the actual players playing their game.