[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

The State of Gameplay after Maintenance (Feb 15)

TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
KartRider: Drift Rep: 770
in Gameplay Discussion
First let me clarify that I am on mobile and I don't know if PC players experience this issue.

I want to announce a major problem with the gameplay ever since the maintenance took place on February 15. I also like to clarify that before this maintenance, the gameplay used to be smooth and perfect.

Alright the first problem is that the race already starts while the game is still loading. This is a MAJOR problem and ruins the whole race. When the loading is done and while you are being REDIRECTED to the race, you can already hear the "GO" sound and karts going ahead. Once we get in the race, all others already went far ahead.
This issue occurs in the first few races once logging into the game but its still a major problem.

Second major issue is the frame rate drop and it happens a lot now. I used to have frame rate drop rarely on last patch and I must say it used to barely bother me but for this game, it's completely DIFFERENT. In this game, for some reason whenever frame rate drop occurs, the game just considers you kart as laying in a stationary position.. In other words, your kart stops moving when it happens and other players gets to go ahead of you when frame rate becomes small.

And the third and probably the most annoying problem right now. The movement of other racer's karts aren't smooth. This is the worst because you can't even stay near other races anymore because it causes problems. Last patch, other racer's karts used to drive smoothly but now, they move in a blinking manner. They blink fast several times and move forward little by little. The problem here is that staying near them can cause unexpected collision and completely reduces your speed. You won't even be able to draft.

I don't know if other devices especially among mobile face the same issue but this is what I am experiencing right now. Horrible bugs. I hope this gets fixed as quickly as possible.
SparkleX

Comments

• DizDiz
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 240
    The movement of other racer's karts aren't smooth. This is the worst because you can't even stay near other races anymore because it causes problems. Last patch, other racer's karts used to drive smoothly but now, they move in a blinking manner. They blink fast several times and move forward little by little. The problem here is that staying near them can cause unexpected collision and completely reduces your speed.

Yeah. This happens on PC too. They just warp ahead and if you stay near it is like crashing into a brick wall.
    I don't remember seeing this before the patch.
    SparkleXTheHeavieKiwie
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,255
    I can confirm all of these points are happening on my android, too.
    The first one happens since today.
    I often notice that crashes with other karts make only me stop, turn around, or smash over the track while the other kart is driving away...
    Pings are horrible at one race and fine in the next one (setting: optimal). Might be a problem with overseas players...
    SparkleXTheHeavieKiwie
  • SparkleXSparkleX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 450
    I already made a technical issue post on this. Yes, it's definitely gotten laggy after the Feb 15 patch. I play on android. I live in New Zealand & my Wi-Fi/broadband is pretty decent. Never had issues even with this game, prior to this update. Game used to run smoothly at least.
    I believe NEXON is trying to test if they can get away with fewer server resources and manage a large amount of players with lesser servers. Hence, the deterioration in connection quality. This poor investment in infrastructure AND no consideration to all the player feedback in regards to the core gameplay, drifting, is really concerning! Especially right before the full cross-platform release on consoles. Gonna look really bad to new players coming in after the March launch of the official Season 01. At this point, I am not even sure if anyone from NEXON even bothers going through all these posts, cause no one from NEXON ever leaves any responses to them!
    TheHeavieKiwie
  • SmallerbeeSmallerbee
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,060
    Member, Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
    SparkleX wrote: »
    I already made a technical issue post on this. Yes, it's definitely gotten laggy after the Feb 15 patch. I play on android. I live in New Zealand & my Wi-Fi/broadband is pretty decent. Never had issues even with this game, prior to this update. Game used to run smoothly at least.
    I believe NEXON is trying to test if they can get away with fewer server resources and manage a large amount of players with lesser servers. Hence, the deterioration in connection quality. This poor investment in infrastructure AND no consideration to all the player feedback in regards to the core gameplay, drifting, is really concerning! Especially right before the full cross-platform release on consoles. Gonna look really bad to new players coming in after the March launch of the official Season 01. At this point, I am not even sure if anyone from NEXON even bothers going through all these posts, cause no one from NEXON ever leaves any responses to them!

I reply when someone asks something, otherwise I just read :)
  • ThePencilWielderThePencilWielder
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 430
    Yes I really hope this gets fixed; this game has so much potential but the little things like this really kill the fun.