[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Worst Scoring System in Grand Prix

TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
KartRider: Drift Rep: 770
edited 5:01AM March 10, 2023 in Gameplay Discussion
While I'm glad to finally play Season 1 and enjoy the new features, I have an important issue to discuss regarding Grand Prix.

The scoring system in Grand Prix is in a horrible state right now. Not only does the system punish the score harshly for being in a lower position but it is impossible to even rank up in the current state as it pretty much deducts points worth 3-5 games.
G3ugZS8.jpg
At this rate, it is pretty impossible to even rank up and better yet, it's not even worth trying to race through if you may have messed up. Why is it so? Let me explain. Even if you manage to get around the front, you will still be rewarded with absolutely NOTHING unless you ended up in 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
OyYD672.jpg
In one of the races where I was in the first place, I literally saw 3 races in the last positions just staring at the wall and not even driving their karts anymore. Why? Because there is nothing else they can do anymore about it. Whether they pass the race or not it doesn't matter because their points are going to be deducted pretty much the same anyway.
And let me say this based on my own experience and what I have seen before. Players will COMPLETELY stop being competitive or ranking up if it keeps going like this. Especially when you lose points worth over 3 games just from one defeat.

So I have explained why the scoring system is horrible from my point of view. So let me explain what can improve this current scoring system.

• Points should be deducted only when the player is retired or went AFK. Why? Because there's a good reason. Most tracks in Grand Prix are solo team and has higher difficulty maps generally. And there is only 10 seconds left before the other races can cross the finish line. That itself deserves credit for the players that crosses the finish line. The fact that the players maintain a gap of less than 10 seconds between first and the last racer and not falling off behind in the race. Above all else it gives the players a reason to finish the race.

• Secondly there shouldn't be a wide gap between the GP points earned between the position of the players. The GP points earned should be decreased by 10% of the max GP points for each position that goes lower after the finish line. Similar to how Lucci is distributed after the race.

This would solve the major problem of the Grand Prix mode and make it a much better environment for not only the competitive players, but also for the casual players to rank up. I hope the necessary changes will be made for the better experience of the players.

Comments

• Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,255
    GP mode is a big fail at the moment!
    Nobody knows how many GPP you earn when finishing on place 1-8.
    What's the calculation system behind all other used ratings?
    Is there a differece between basic and upgraded karts?
    Generally losing points is weird
    TheHeavieKiwie
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,255
    edited 6:15AM March 20, 2023
    Just had some item races...
    (standard kart)
    rank 6: -60 GPP
    rank 3: +35 GPP
    rank 2: +95 GPP
    rank 3: +51 GPP
    Can anybody explain this?
  • TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 770
    Just had some item races...
    (standard kart)
    rank 6: -60 GPP
    rank 3: +35 GPP
    rank 2: +95 GPP
    rank 3: +51 GPP
    Can anybody explain this?

Oh you are so right. It seem there's still more to it than the positions but I'm not sure what's really impacting. A Korean player said he got 200+ points one time he got first. Man I only get like 120+.

One thing I can assume for sure is that maybe if we collide less and do more drifts and boosts in speed, we might get points I'm not sure. And for item mode, maybe for all the items used and the players hit in total. Maybe there could be points there too.

But here are few more of my results.
    goSABnY.jpg
    PhWU0gG.jpg
    MYSx2iW.jpg

I'm losing my sanity from the score system lol but maybe if we could see the points every players got in the same race, we could probably determine it better.
    Blaues_Ding