[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Solution for the lag problem

TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
KartRider: Drift Rep: 770
in Gameplay Discussion
The game has a lag problem where the other Karts just warps around the track. If we hit them from behind, our kart stops from the collision due to lagging players.

I suggest a solution that can completely fix this. Cancel or greatly reduce all collision effect that happens on the kart when it hits behind another kart. This will completely solve the lag problem that happens all throughout the game. Yes the players might remain lagging visually but our gameplay will never be disrupted ever again.

I am from Asia and even I am also facing this issue. But once this is implemented, none of us will have to ever experience this problem again.

Comments

• TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
    @Smallerbee As a fellow player who have experienced the wrath of the lag yourself, do you think this will completely solve the lag problem this game has?

I hope this suggestion can be sent and hopefully be implemented if so.
  • SmallerbeeSmallerbee
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,060
    Member, Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
    edited 6:52PM April 19, 2023
    @Smallerbee As a fellow player who have experienced the wrath of the lag yourself, do you think this will completely solve the lag problem this game has?

I hope this suggestion can be sent and hopefully be implemented if so.

Turning off collision would for sure fix the problem, BUT there are many reasons why a decision like that would be a very difficult choice, and require a bit more coding than you may think! We're trying to explore every option and fix the lag in a way that keeps the game true to its roots, bumps and all :)

Edit: By "bumps and all" I mean the intended bumps of course, not the pingslap bumps.
  • PunchnitPunchnit
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 390
    I feel your pain this happens all the time with laggy players and most of the time you hear your kart hit something, your kart stops dead in the road then the screen speeds up again to reveal the laggy player speeding away lol In "settings" you can choose "Optimal" latency to match you up with people that have better connections but the wait time is a little longer . by default its set to "balanced" latency
    TheHeavieKiwie
  • TheHeavieKiwieTheHeavieKiwie
    Punchnit wrote: »
    I feel your pain this happens all the time with laggy players and most of the time you hear your kart hit something, your kart stops dead in the road then the screen speeds up again to reveal the laggy player speeding away lol In "settings" you can choose "Optimal" latency to match you up with people that have better connections but the wait time is a little longer . by default its set to "balanced" latency

Yeah I understand what you mean but it actually starts getting weird once it happens on AI mode as well lol. Like that's the last place I'd expect that to happen. However in AI, it isn't as bad as compared to human players. I guess optimal is the only choice now but I mostly mentioned with Grand Prix in mind.