[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

URGENT / MM = region locked since patch

realDreamrealDream
KartRider: Drift Rep: 395
edited 3:57AM August 12, 2023 in Gameplay Discussion
Hello,

We appreciate the work you have done with the drift slider, great job.

however during this state of emergency where everyone stopped playing the game,
we did not realize a more concerning problem.

Matchmaking has been region locked.

Since the mid season patch we have not been able to match with ANYONE outside our region.
We have queued for hours and hours, we have tested with asia players that we always match with in MM.
The only obvious explanation I can give is that everyone has been region locked in matchmaking.
It's like we are soft locked on "Optimal" network settings.

Please look into this quickly because right now this is just queuecity - "population: yes"

The gameplay feels good but now we just need games to play,

Thank you for everything.
God bless.

PzzzzzFrizan

Comments

• SpadgeSpadge
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 125
    I don't know if it's region lock or not, but I've been completely unable to find a Speed match since the midseason patch in US West. I've probably spent over two hours queueing in total, and I have my matchmaking settings on "Unrestricted".

Prior to the midseason patch, I could almost always find a Speed match within 2 or 3 minutes of queueing.
    PzzzzzFrizan
  • PzzzzzPzzzzz
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 200
    Same situation, cannot find a speed match, location US west. Always timeout after 10 mins