[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Global Racing Test Feedback

SmallerbeeSmallerbee
KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,060
Member, Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
edited 5:28PM January 9, 2023 in Gameplay Discussion
Hey Racers!

We're excited for you to hit the track for our Global Racing Test! We're so happy to finally be sharing KartRider: Drift with you all again, but as always we need your help! This thread will be for any general feedback or suggestions about KartRider: Drift.

Comments

• N1kk0killN1kk0kill
    Please,make the game available in Ukraine. I can pre-register on android but in steam the game is not available. https://imgur.com/a/qwSpNUd
  • Dark14LifeDark14Life
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 50
    Having to play a bunch of minigames to be able to turn off Drift Assist is just asinine. Drift Assist on makes the kart act different during drifts, which throws off my drift, which prevents me from getting 3 stars in quite a few minigames, which prevents me from being able to turn off DA to get the 3 stars.
    It's a vicious cycle and I know that more than myself absolutely HATE this feature. I played for 2 hours and just gave up. This is not Kart Rider. This is nuts.
    VayleSpadgeRuezaGHXGAMESYOUTUBE
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,255
    Hi, I can't log in on my Andoid device.
    There's popping up a chinese notice starting with !TOY...

What does it mean?
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    Pleas allow "Space" and other characters like "_" in player names
  • Tye_GuyTye_Guy
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 140
    Since queue times are so long, you should allow players to run time trials during the queue.
    SpadgeRueza
  • Tye_GuyTye_Guy
    You should also allow players to queue for both modes at the same times, so like solo, duo, squads in item mode and solo, duo, squads in speed mode at the same time. That would help with queue time issues. Because I don't think everyone likes playing against bots
    SpadgeTheHeavieKiwie
  • VayleVayle
    edited 8:42PM October 2, 2022
    PeaterodactylSpadgeRuezaGHXGAMESYOUTUBECitysc4pe
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    If the game will let me log in on my android device (actually "!TOY..."-notice), how will I be able to use my with steam launcher created player profile?
  • Dark14LifeDark14Life
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 50
    Tye_Guy wrote: »
    You should also allow players to queue for both modes at the same times, so like solo, duo, squads in item mode and solo, duo, squads in speed mode at the same time. That would help with queue time issues. Because I don't think everyone likes playing against bots

Actually, you can. If press "Play" in the main screen, you can check all of the modes for Item and queue up for solo, duo, and squad at the same time. That's how I've been knocking out the Premium Missions that requires you to have a certain number of races for each. It's faster than queueing up for one type of race.
    GHXGAMESYOUTUBE
  • watttawattta
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    On Playstation 4 i cant find any other players in Speedmode (Tempomodus) only KI this sucks.
  • Tye_GuyTye_Guy
    Dark14Life wrote: »
    Tye_Guy wrote: »

Actually, you can. If press "Play" in the main screen, you can check all of the modes for Item and queue up for solo, duo, and squad at the same time. That's how I've been knocking out the Premium Missions that requires you to have a certain number of races for each. It's faster than queueing up for one type of race.

Ah yes but I think it would be nice to queue for both item and speed mode at the same time! Because for me personally I don't really care if I am playing item or speed I just want to play! But thanks for the tip :)
  • Tye_GuyTye_Guy
    Also I think there should be a pause menu when playing custom races, I can't quit the race early. Sometimes I just wanna test my kart and don't necessarily want have to finish the whole race!
  • SmallerbeeSmallerbee
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 1,060
    Member, Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
    Hey all! Just checking in to let you know all your feedback is being heard, even if I'm not responding to your post! This is all great information for us to have, so please keep it coming!
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    - The enemy hit window (cycle on top right) is hiding the the track. It should be placed on bottom right.

- In licence mode it would be nice to see the number of laps.

- It would be nice to have a manual for lucci and how to use them. If I buy gearwheels,
    what means "chance to reach"?
    How to use them and are they completely free to add or remove from one kart to another?
    Isn't there any difference in speed an other properties attached to the single karts any longer?
  • SpadgeSpadge
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 125
    edited 4:36PM September 2, 2022
    GENERAL

1. Please make playing with HUMANS the default. I have no interest in playing against AIs, but right now playing against AIs is the only way to get a match, probably because it's the default. Or make the default option to play against AIs *only if you can't find a match with humans*. This is by FAR the biggest issue with the game right now. I haven't been able to play a single Speed race against humans.

2. As others have said, please please please don't make us do the licenses to turn off drift assist or unlock speed mode. It would be much better to just add a popup or something saying "we don't recommend this for new players."

3. The mailbox seems totally useless. Why do I need to accept my rewards two different times to get them added to my inventory? Just put them in my garage as soon as I accept them.

4. Please allow queueing for both Item and Speed at the same time.

5. Please decrease the wait time between games. It takes sooo long to start a new race after ending one, because you have to watch the absolutely useless dance animation, go through the stats screen, queue again, go through all the loading times... It's really frustrating. I'd love to have a rematch button that matches you up with the exact same group (as long as everybody agrees), but there should also be a way to *instantly* start queueing for a new match as soon as you've crossed the finish line.

6. Making kart upgrades fail X% of the time seems like a *really* bad idea. People will be extremely frustrated if they spend a ton of gold trying to get a Legendary kart and all of it is simply wasted. It would be so much better to just increase the gold prices. Like if an upgrade to Legendary is currently 6,000G with a 25% success rate, you should really change it to 24,000G with a 100% success rate. Having all your gold go up in smoke with nothing to show for it will make people very upset at the game.

LICENSE

1. The trial where you have to go *slowly* through some gates to get points is really bad. Why encourage your players to play sub-optimally? If you already know how to drift, it's extremely frustrating to lose points because you're doing too well...

2. The trial that teaches you how to drift (where you're just in a big open circular space and it shows different commands on screen) should really be one of the first trials.

3. Why are there "Normal" and "Test" versions of almost every trial? They are way too similar.

TRACKS

1. The graphics on the ice track with penguins could use some cleanup. At the beginning when you're going around a gentle curve to the right with a bunch of cracks in the ice, it's really hard to tell how close you can get to the inside before falling into one of the ice cracks, because the ice cracks are very difficult to see until you're right next to them.

TECHNICAL ISSUSE

1. Sometimes at the beginning of a race some of my sound effects are MUCH louder then the rest of the game.

2. One time when I loaded into the race the entire track failed to render. It looked basically like this:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Kartrider/comments/x432y3/welcome_to_the_abyss/
    Rueza
  • OutsiderOutsider
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 220
    edited 9:56PM September 2, 2022
    I played all night yesterday and was winning 90% of races only to find out the next day that I played mostly against AI.

In all of the races there are 2 real humans and the rest are AI. Why is that?

I thought Neo, Rex and etc were real people lol. Now I'm not playing anymore because of it. I want to be able to test it out against real competition and not the bots.
  • jackijacki
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 210
    edited 6:27AM September 3, 2022
    I'm not happy with the new kart update system.
    There are no more item/speed mode karts, each can be used for all.
    There were 7 different performance updates in the beta, now there are 4.
    There were different values, a table to compare them, now they all start at 0/10. Are all karts equally strong or are the differences just no longer visible?
    The rarity can always be easily increased for each kart. Where is the point in unlock/pay/rent a special kart?

I'm not sure but I think the Cloud, 1-Rocket and Evil items have been removed.

There are far too many unnecessary visible shortcut keys in the Pc version. Feels like a very bad console port.

The current positioning above the head should be able to be switched off in the settings. Also in the license missions there is always an annoying 1.

The eye-tracking-optimized-inRace-GUI-position doesn't look good.

An option to select a random track (with and without random theme) for custom games would be good.
    Rueza
  • Blaues_DingBlaues_Ding
    edited 11:29AM September 3, 2022
    Yes, the cloud, "1. rocket" and the devil seem to be removed, as well as the triple banana (the giant banana was just awful)
    Big failure to remove them!
    I'm missing the option to throw the banana in front like in NAKR and Popkart...

The personal shield should defend from everything as long as it's active instead of the first attac only.

Why isn't there friendly fire in item team mode any longer? This was really usefull in team strategy behavior --> clever acting

Now as I tried the upgrade tool you have to write a manual and/or infoboxes what is the meaning of anything.
    Firstable you should make clear that each kart is the same just with a different skin (if you want them to be that way).
    There should be a clear message that if you spend e.g. 6000 lucci you have a chance of 50% to get 10 upgrade gearwheels and the other 50% to get nothing instead of "a chance to reach the next lkart evel"
    It's a hard decission to do this in general...

And it's wired that I should pay a lot of lucci to get used upgrade gearwheels back of the kart.
    If you want it that way, you should set a max. amount of 20% of the lucci you already spent to upgrade the kart.
    Rueza
  • PepperochiPepperochi
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    I like the game overall, i took an interest because of the cool drift mechanics and all the stuff that come with practice and makes the game interesting.

-I'd like to have more options to fine tune controls, on PC it feels like there is some "direction smoothing" or dampener, everything feels slow and slugish when i want to change direction.
    i don't know if an option is already there (and hidden) but i feel like some people have "faster" response curve on the direction. am i crazy? it takes a solid second for me to get "full left" or "full right" when i click on the key.

-matchmaking should be "against player" by default, i belive alot of people didn't notice and are only playing against bots.

-playing against player should grant more money reward as it's harder.

-being able to drive any kart you want is nice, i can chose which ever i prefer without having to worry about performance ( as long as it's upgraded)

-the decal placement in the garage is a mess, i'm using the bunny kart and when i move the sticker with arrows, it vanish from a surface to appear randomly elsewhere, sometimes the command will be rotated, like up is left, left is down ... This makes the decal/sticker placement tool un-usable.

-the licence thing is quite horrible, sometimes they ask you stuff that are counter-efficient, or straight up sets you up for failure. The kart they give you is horribly slow and any sort of drift will put you to a stop really quick, it has been a real struggle, not in a challenging way , but a frustrating way.

Overall my bigest issue is the slow controls, it really ruins the game for me, the dampening or smoothing makes it impossible to counter steer correctly during drifts.
    pls let us change the value, steering speed, or remove it.
  • RuezaRueza
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 345
    Pepperochi wrote: »
    -I'd like to have more options to fine tune controls, on PC it feels like there is some "direction smoothing" or dampener, everything feels slow and slugish when i want to change direction.
    i don't know if an option is already there (and hidden) but i feel like some people have "faster" response curve on the direction. am i crazy? it takes a solid second for me to get "full left" or "full right" when i click on the key.

Are you, by chance, using an AMD processor. I'm curious about something.