[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Western Speed community NEED this answered!!!!!!

realDreamrealDream
KartRider: Drift Rep: 395
in Gameplay Discussion
Hello,

After putting 700 hours in this game, it's time to have a talk.

There has been no communication towards the players about the ongoing issues,

So in name of the Western community, we would like to get some answers.
The current state of the game is unacceptable.
I will keep this post short so it can be addressed properly.

2 major issues that are making the game unplayable for the West.

1. Queue / matchmaking

Europe GP is completely dead once reaching silver 1, we are lucky to find 1 game a day.
NA GP sometimes finds games because their server range is wider.
Overall both are dead for the people who actually play the game.
And even when we do find a game, there is the ping slapping issue, which we will get to in point 2.

The range of rank and region must be widened,
Silver 1 should be able to match with Silver 3, win or lose more points depending on the average rank of the lobby.
Silver 2 - Gold 1, Silver 3 - Gold 2, etc,

We do not care that we have to play in a red ping lobby (if point 2 is resolved), we need consistent games, we need something to grind.

You are currently giving us no reason at all to play the game,
GP is dead, Matchmaking is unplayable because of point 2,
We can't even go into customs with our friends anymore, again because of point 2.

So we are supposed to sit in queue and spin our kart?

+ Why are there still item maps in the speed matchmaking pool?
No speed player has any interest in playing these.

2. Ping / rubberbanding / teleporting

Since that patch of FEBRUARY 16TH the red ping players have become a warping army of death.
Before this patch we had no issues facing red ping players.

You cannot see them, they are teleporting all around you so you cannot predict where they are driving.
You cannot go anywhere near them, the rubberbanding is so bad that you will get hit by them no matter what, so its extremely hard to get by them.
When they slap you, your kart gets put to a complete stop, you are basically getting hit by a concrete wall.

And there is no if, they will slap you if you are anywhere near them, and this goes for every red ping player.
Even bumping into orange ping can be lethal, the orange pings sometimes blink red for a second and warp to the next player near them to ruin their game.

You know the exact date when it started, you know all the data that has been uploaded in that patch, why is it taking so long to fix this?

So because of these issues, the people who love this game and play it as much as they can, have nothing to do.
And we have not been given a single form of communication about this, yet every serious player is talking about it.

Are you aware that these problems have been ongoing for a while now?
What is being done about these 2 issues?
What is the ETA on the fix?

Thank you for listening.
We are not haters, if anything, we are your biggest fans.

Kind regards.

The West

JackurGpeshoeman4everYahaEUゝsme68fedChosnBotChocorockWindCloudKengGTand 14 others.

Comments

• JackurGJackurG
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 80
    These are definitely the main issues for the game as of right now. This needs addressing ASAP. Great post!
    fedpeshoJasonRacing_LinezsteezybeezyrealDreamZezikRusMelanas
  • fedfed
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 40
    edited 6:26PM March 17, 2023
    Those issues are awful and they are killing the players' game experience and also the game itself!!!

NEXON WAKE UP!

peshosteezybeezyrealDreamZezikRus
  • peshopesho
    edited 5:55PM March 17, 2023
    These are 2 of the biggest issues for us western players. We need answers from Nexons' dev team because all we have after a month of THEIR introduction of this ping-slap madness is radio silence.
    fedsteezybeezyrealDreamZezikRus
  • EUゝsme68EUゝsme68
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 240
    If the issues with matchmaking times and ping crashs are solved the game would be perfect - please Nexon, make it happen!
    Greetings from Germany : )
    fedpeshorealDreamZezikRus
  • YahaYaha
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 970
    I fully agree with what has been said.

I would also add that it is about time that the Marketing and Network managers showed some semblance of interest in the regions outside Asia.

Since the first CBTs, we have been talking about the fact that we are always left out of reward contests and other official events and that the conditions for playing online are really not optimal. However, nothing seems to have been worked on in terms of advertising campaign and communication channels to target the Western area. The same goes for the request to implement a European/Western server...

I'm really starting to wonder about Nexon's approach to the Western region...

Are we just a reservoir for additional financial inputs or a focus for establishing and developing interest in the game?

If the former, then you'll end up losing the current base of invested players who will sooner or later get bored. In the second case, it might be a good idea to show reassuring signs that you do have the ambition to conquer the European market...
    fedpeshoJmS_Racing_LinezrealDreamZezikRusBazzi
  • nRone4knRone4k
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 30
  • ChosnBotChosnBot
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 30
    This was very well put together! Thank you realdream for putting our thoughts an issues with the game out there! Really appreciate your passion for the game to get better!!
    fedrealDreamZezikRus
  • TempheXTempheX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 130
    I agree.

Before the patch of 16th February, I personally didn't have any issue about the connection and playing with persons in other regions or continents(I'm from South America btw). I'm really confused what happened in that patch that made the game very inconsistent at the moment of playing.

realDream couldn't adressed the current issues better, and I'm also wondering about if Nexon is seeing the current issues.
    fedrealDreamZezikRus
  • WiehoooWiehooo
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 120
    totally agree, its so sad.. fix ur game!!!!
    realDreamZezikRus
  • InstinctInstinct
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 20
    edited 7:42PM March 17, 2023
    Nixon, I'm going to quit if this isn't fixed soon.
    realDreamZezikRus
  • WindCloudWindCloud
    Thank you dream for posting this, sooner or later this game will be dead in the foreign market. Nexon please do something before it's too late. Game is only playable in Asia countries. A lot of NA players including myself truly love this game. Please show us awareness and try to actually improve the game.

Thanks!
    realDreamZezikRus
  • ChocorockChocorock
    Thank you for getting this out.
    It's ridiculous seeing how the bare necessities needed for a global scene hasn't been addressed yet.
    realDreamZezikRus
  • KengGTKengGT
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 420
  • JasonJason
    That's exactly what I think, thanks RealDream for this perfect message. I hope Nexon will see that their game is unplayable for us.
    realDreamZezikRus
  • JmS_JmS_
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 140
    I'm bad at English but I'll try thanks to our dear google translate! The situation is simple to explain but at the same time very serious for the survival of the games especially in Europe!
    The MM queues are much too long, almost every part of the teleports in a car game like this you know very well that it's not at all acceptable I'm a very big fan of the license I'm just disgusted of the situation of the games. The grand prix mode is completely dead money 1 is over. On behalf of Europe and America do something as soon as possible otherwise the games I can assure you 100% that you will have to close the servers. And also a little thing you lost a lot of people also because of the licensing system people did not understand that to have access to the other circuit you need licenses so people said that the game is boring and flat without having done any minimum circuit 3 stars... I really hope that you will have understood that the situation is serious and that we must act quickly.
    realDreamZezikRusHUENOT
  • WarningWarning
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 380
    After i got Gold-III on Saturday 11 March, I queued in items GP from Sunday to Friday, found 1 match at 0:00UTC on Monday and next match i found on Friday. I queued at least 1 hour every day at different time, Korean evenings, American evenings and European evenings.

In speed that is very hard to win the race even if I find a match, not because I play bad, but because some low skilled player with red ping teleporting and when in one of the teleports he hit me, I stop as I hit the wall.
    realDreamZezikRusHUENOTBazzi
  • UnForasteroUnForastero
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 330
    edited 10:13AM March 18, 2023
    Im just going to say. Please do not forget about South America, especially the countries below brazil (Chile, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, etc)
    realDreamZezikRusHUENOT
  • MisukiMisuki
    edited 12:41PM March 18, 2023
    I agree on everything that's been posted.

Queues Times = TRASH
    Ping (other than Green) = GARBAGE

TL;DR
    THIS GAME IS LITERAL DOG WATER RIGHT NOW.
    realDreamMaestroZezikRusHUENOT
  • MaestroMaestro
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
    This is not the first time the west has been neglected by Nexon, things HAVE to change. In Rush+ ranked times were bad for west, especially the Club Competition was horrendous for EU players (6 am). West Server got less collaborations, less events, less everything.

After Nexon announced more focus on the western players everybody had high hopes, but now what? We get ignored again, for over a month it's impossible to play properly. Please Nexon, just listen once :(
    ZezikRus
  • kartriderkartrider
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 510
    Two major problems on this game. Please Nexon take this serious and find a solution for it.
    ZezikRus