[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Feedback

DragonDucksDragonDucks
KartRider: Drift Rep: 210
edited 8:21PM December 5, 2019 in Gameplay Discussion
I think for teams, you should have a points system. When my entire team was able to finish the race, but the enemy team had one finish the race at first place the enemy team won, which I found kind of unfair.
CapEric

Comments

• CapEricCapEric
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 880
    I think for teams, you should have a points system. When my entire team was able to finish the race, but the enemy team had one finish the race at first place the enemy team won, which I found kind of unfair.
    YES!
    This is what I forgot to mention in my feedback!
    What happened to the points system at the end of all TEAM mode matches?
    This new system where whichever team finishes the race first place is really boring and dull... I don't see other racers motivated to even race if they know they have a team member that is very good at the game, especially on Team Speed Mode.
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
    The advantage of "whoever gets 1st" is that if you have someone AFK, you can still win without needing to get a perfect 1 2 3 + 8th.

But... that's about it.

And the huge drawback is that there's no incentive to play past a certain point in many matches, unless you then decide to try and block the 1st place enemy by parking in a shortcut. It's a laugh for sure, but it's not what I would call "compelling gameplay". That kind of wacky strategy can work in something like CTF in an FPS game, where you have complete control of your character, but how the carts interact in KR is a bit too sloppy for that to feel like intended gameplay.
  • CapEricCapEric
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    The advantage of "whoever gets 1st" is that if you have someone AFK, you can still win without needing to get a perfect 1 2 3 + 8th.

But... that's about it.

And the huge drawback is that there's no incentive to play past a certain point in many matches, unless you then decide to try and block the 1st place enemy by parking in a shortcut. It's a laugh for sure, but it's not what I would call "compelling gameplay". That kind of wacky strategy can work in something like CTF in an FPS game, where you have complete control of your character, but how the carts interact in KR is a bit too sloppy for that to feel like intended gameplay.

If other players are going to be "AFK" what is the point of this "TEAM" effort matches?
    They need to bring back the points system. It worked and it was what made TEAM matches really fun.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw
    I kind of like Forza Horizon 4's method of a point bonus for 1st, then +100 to every driver of a team for every driver of the other team that individual beats.
  • CapEricCapEric
    I kind of like Forza Horizon 4's method of a point bonus for 1st, then +100 to every driver of a team for every driver of the other team that individual beats.
    I have never played that game but basically how the points system worked was...
    1st place got 10 points
    2nd place 8 points
    3rd place 6 points
    4th place 5 points
    5th place 4 points
    6th place 3 points
    7th place 2 points
    8th place 1 point
    This had motivated everyone to get to 1st place so that they can try to guarantee they will win the match.
    It was awesome.
  • KkolbwaraKkolbwara
    the point system still exists but it's just for speed mode. for item team mode, whoever's team comes in first wins the match.
  • CapEricCapEric
    Kkolbwara wrote: »
    the point system still exists but it's just for speed mode. for item team mode, whoever's team comes in first wins the match.

I noticed it now... That's stupid. The points system should be for all Team matches. Maybe not for DUOs. Unless they want to make it as 1st 2nd 3rd place type of matches then yes points system for that too. But the thing is we don't have in-game currency right now and lots of other important features of what makes Kart Rider so great.
    Kkolbwara
  • -CaPriCe--CaPriCe-
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 470
    Remember that many of the features are not yet in this test. The yare just testing for server capacity and stability hence the lack of many many features that Kart Rider originally has. Send your suggestions and feed back in the feed back section of the forums. Write them neat and clear.
  • CapEricCapEric
    -CaPriCe- wrote: »
    Remember that many of the features are not yet in this test. The yare just testing for server capacity and stability hence the lack of many many features that Kart Rider originally has. Send your suggestions and feed back in the feed back section of the forums. Write them neat and clear.

This what I was thinking after a while.
    Stability testing.
    Hoping to see round 2 of the Beta testing with basic features in Jan. 2020 maybe?
    I have no idea how many people are working on Kart Rider but I hope there's a big team.
    Big Kart Rider team = Faster content release which means Me online 24/7
  • KkolbwaraKkolbwara
    edited 10:54AM December 9, 2019
    CapEric wrote: »

Stability testing.
    Hoping to see round 2 of the Beta testing with basic features in Jan. 2020 maybe?
    I have no idea how many people are working on Kart Rider but I hope there's a big team.

recently the head management of the kr team has changed. since this patch in 2010(i think), the game's been dying to a point where it nearly closed servers. the new management is the team that brought it back to life. it's also thanks to them that drift is becoming a reality. hopefully they'll bring back the og game to US servers and hopefully people would notice this game for what it is (not mario kart rip off) aside from Asia.
  • CapEricCapEric
    Kkolbwara wrote: »
    CapEric wrote: »

Stability testing.

recently the head management of the kr team has changed. since this patch in 2010(i think), the game's been dying to a point where it nearly closed servers. the new management is the team that brought it back to life. it's also thanks to them that drift is becoming a reality. hopefully they'll bring back the og game to US servers and hopefully people would notice this game for what it is (not mario kart rip off) aside from Asia.

But it doesn't even feel like a Mario Kart rip off.
    Maybe a little bit on Item Mode but all games rips off each other anyways.
    All genres of games.
    Kart Rider will forever be my favorite racing game period.
    So far in Korea the game lives on and whenever I see gameplay I get jealous and frustrated that I can't play it.