[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

MochaLatte's Feedback

MochaLatteMochaLatte
KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
edited 6:32AM December 7, 2019 in Gameplay Discussion
Here's a bunch of issues/ideas I've come across:

BUGS:

- Some sound effects are far too loud. Intro video, clicking on the settings menu, and impact/terrain sounds (wooden bridge).
- Customization Presets Menu defaults to Overwrite (with no confirmation)
- All volatile button prompts have no confirmation prompt at all. Customization presets, settings default, delete friend, etc.
- Revert Settings to Default option does ALL settings at once. There are many times where you might want to reset the graphics OR the contols OR the audio levels OR the game language, but almost never would anyone need to reset all of those at once while still inside the game.
- For controller, getting out of a bubble is permanently bound to the A button, and I use A for items/boost, and doing so immediately wastes/destroys my items even though I don't even have control of the kart otherwise. Keyboard is Left/Right spamming, and that won't work for controller because the analog stick is much slower. The default binding has A as drift, so why not make it dynamic to whatever the drift key is (in my case it should show the RB prompt).
- What does the voice chat Enabled/Disabled setting do? I've always had it off, and I've never heard anyone talk, but I have heard mic static only around the end of the race. Not sure what's going on there...

WANTED FEATURES:

- Rear View Camera - Default L3, and maybe Z for keyboard.
- Full Map Minimap - Either a toggle in the gameplay options, or a bindable hotkey that changes the minimap to view the entire track... and you might as well make the minimap viewport larger as well, it's quite small. The current minimap is far too zoomed in, so you don't get the context of where everyone is on the track, especially the people behind you firing items.
- Lap Time Chart at the end of Solo Time Trials
- Faster Reset Time for Solo Time Trials - For some reason the current code takes you back to the loading screen to reload the entire map, intro animations and all, when ideally it should only move your cart back the the starting line with the launch timer at ~3 so you can immediately try again.
- Graphics/Sound/Control options should be accessible during a race, at least in single-player - You can't just change a setting and hit restart, you have to completely back out of the entire level to be able to get to the settings. If you ever wanted to benchmark different graphics settings or control layouts, not having access makes this a huge pain.
- Make the character outline effect thicker, and then make it Blue for the Friendly Team, and Red for the Enemy Team (like Overwatch) - Being randomly assigned blue team and red team each match makes it incredibly annoying to remember who to attack/block in squad modes, and this needs to be conveyed in a thick outline because the characters/carts can be bright red/blue, and as a nametag it obscures too much vision of the track ahead.
- Emote Wheel - You already programmed all the emotes for both standing and sitting in the cart, so let players use them in some way, through a held button and wheel with the right analog stick, or number keys for keyboard. You may or may not want some sort of cooldown in case the animations might be buggy if quickly pressed, or annoying if done many times over during a race.
- DON'T attach stats to carts/parts/characters - This is not to say that you can't have mechanical progression and/or stat tuning, but both of those things can be done ENTIRELY SEPARATE from the visual customization. In CBT, we can basically only use one kart, the full 100 stat one, limiting our creativity to just the paint color and wheel choice, and I don't see how arranging these in a progression system will make it even better for player expression. Also consider that when you're going to be selling these things, why would anyone even buy more carts if they already have the one with good stats and choosing another for another appearance would be some sort of competitive compromise and thus not worth it? Tuning of handling/acceleration/speed/weight can be done far more easily as just raw stat points or fake internal parts/"upgrade chips", and then when you go to add new cosmetics to the game, you don't have to toil over exactly how to balance each piece, and everyone that likes the look of it can just buy it without needing to think about optimization.
- PURE Speed Mode - I think regardless, but definitely with some of the physics issues this game has, people are going to want a multiplayer race mode that has no player-to-player contact. Yes, it's basically just a multiplayer time trial, but it provides more of a clean competitive experience, and also prevents the shortcut blocking tactics that occur in 4v4 squad mode, which happens because only 1st place matters, so 1-3 of your teammates end up just trying to troll the other team, and sure it's gameplay, but I know it's not quite the experience people are looking for. You might also consider a point system for squad mode instead of 1st place being all that matters.

Comments

• -CaPriCe--CaPriCe-
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 470
    edited 11:19AM December 6, 2019
    Custom race lobby with a chat window needs to be implemented. I don't care about voice chat. Not in the mood of hearinng xbox kids yelling and crying.
  • LeoHenryLeoHenry
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    edited 10:41AM October 13, 2024
    I tried MochaLatte’s feedback approach, and it was super helpful! Definitely something to explore if you're looking to improve communication with your team.
  • NoahEmre33NoahEmre33
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    I am suffering from only sound issues