[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

There's no single player modes vs the AI?

DailymotionDailymotion
KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
edited 9:55PM December 6, 2019 in Gameplay Discussion
All i see is time trial, but where are the single player modes against the AI?
If this is only a game to play vs players, that's not going to work for me, sorry.
Thijminecraft02

Comments

• CapEricCapEric
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 880
    If this is only a game to play vs players, that's not going to work for me, sorry.

Sorry dude this is not a solo game although it feels like it from the lobby...
    There are some fun single player modes from the classic Kart Rider I am hoping they bring to Drift.
    Tons of content they have yet to bring into the NA market.
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
    The game doesn't have AI. The thing you see in time trials is just a recording of your best run.

If they were to make some single-player modes and mini-games, they'd have to be something like spawning various obstacles or pickups on the track, maybe also combined with some kind of measure or limiter of your cart's abilities. For example you may randomly spawn gems on a track, lock in that particular random seed for all players in that timed challenge event, and then tie the collected gem count to the maximum speed of your cart. The goal would be to drive around collecting the randomly positioned gems as your cart gets faster and faster, and your finishing time would be put on a leaderboard and/or fall into a gold/silver/bronze reward tier that gives you experience or items based on the highest tier you reached.

Implementing something like that is far far easier than coding AI that can properly drive the tracks and use the items, and that would be SO MUCH work that you could only justify doing that if it was going to turn into a real singleplayer game that you could go buy a physical copy of. That's just not going to be their intent, and human opponents are far more interesting anyway.
  • -CaPriCe--CaPriCe-
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 470
    There will be challenges that will set you against AI. Those are not yet in the game. The soul purpose of this beta is server stability and capacity.
  • KkolbwaraKkolbwara

there is an AI mode in the current Kartrider... but this is a multiplayer game... plus the AI's movements are really mechanical, even somewhat glitchy(forced) if you see the current's gameplay. Also, AI is sometimes slow, but also sometimes really really fast....

If you wanna know what I mean by that:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=eQHh8m-pibI

start the video around 0:44 for the gameplay
  • CapEricCapEric
    Kkolbwara wrote: »

there is an AI mode in the current Kartrider... but this is a multiplayer game... plus the AI's movements are really mechanical, even somewhat glitchy(forced) if you see the current's gameplay. Also, AI is sometimes slow, but also sometimes really really fast....

If you wanna know what I mean by that:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=eQHh8m-pibI

start the video around 0:44 for the gameplay

I don't see them... Also I love that guy. He is so funny.
  • CreepyGamerzCreepyGamerz
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 615
    So you're saying there IS AI but they aren't actually as normal?
  • CapEricCapEric
    I can see why you would think there would be ai or single player...
    Nexon needs to do better... I've told them that it feels like a single player game.
    The only part that is single player is time trail.
  • RuanBoyRuanBoy
    I want so much to play the closed beta (and catch the skins as well), but my game is crashing while loading de menu, anyone's with the same problem???
    I don't know what to do.
    I Already reinstall the game, but doesn't work :/
  • RuanBoyRuanBoy
    RuanBoy wrote: »
    I want so much to play the closed beta (and catch the skins as well), but my game is crashing while loading de menu, anyone's with the same problem???
    I don't know what to do.
    I Already reinstall the game, but doesn't work :/

I just solved the problem. Just to know, while I opened the game, my Dualshock PS4 Controller is connected in the USB, I didn't used the Controller, but while the Controller is connected with the Steam Controller support, the game crashes. Watch out for this, Gamers and Devs!