[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Steam crash error

MachinesevenMachineseven
KartRider: Drift Rep: 200
edited 4:21PM June 3, 2020 in Bug Reporting
Seems like the game hard crashes whenever I attempt to press play after choosing my display name. I verified my game cache, reacquired some files aaaand it still crashes. Hooboy..

edit: turns out whenever I boot the game back up after reacquiring it, it just loses those same files and im stuck in an endless loop of reacquiring files

Comments

• PolitePolite
    edited 4:25PM June 3, 2020
    I'm having the same problem.

Edit: When I remove the joystick everything works.
  • czreczre
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 100
    I concur. Maybe we can narrow down whats interacting incorrectly. Windows 10 x64, Intel 8700k, RTX 2070 Super. Using Razer synapse, Asus GPU tweak and monitor, updated to latest graphics drivers. Tried Older direct X on launch options. Samsung Magician for M2 Drive. Icue for cpu liquid cooling fan adjustment. Windows firewall, all allowed. Spotify Active. Google chrome, Plex media server. Those are all the programs running. Post note, Read 3 year old vindictive post about color correction issue that was causing a crash at load screen similar to this.
  • yinyangtrioyinyangtrio
    I'm getting "Failed to reset Nexon Game Security - e3010501" from Steam right after I press the Enter button.
  • czreczre
    Interestingly enough, if i leave task manager open it gets one step further to basic controls before the crash happens. Something to do with it being in the foreground. Attempted full and borderless
  • MachinesevenMachineseven
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 200
    yeah tested it myself, seems to be able to run normally when unfocused though when refocusing the window it instantly crashes
  • MegaOMegaO
    yeah tested it myself, seems to be able to run normally when unfocused though when refocusing the window it instantly crashes

I just tried this too. When I open the game and press enter it crashes. Leaving the task manager on and focused allowed me to get to the part of the basic controls where it tells you how to accelerate. When I clicked back on the game though, it immediately crashed.
  • NinkuNinku
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 10
    Its crashing even with the nexon launcher
    punishthem420
  • lOwOllOwOl
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
  • L3JokerL3Joker
    lOwOl wrote: »
    If you have a remote unplug it.

Credit: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/profile/599/Kaoken

What if i want to use a controller though? doesnt that defeat the object?
    punishthem420
  • punishthem420punishthem420
    L3Joker wrote: »

What if i want to use a controller though? does'nt that defeat the object?

same with me . I cannot play a game like this without a controller .
    is there a way to use a controller wirelessly on steam that may allow it to work ?
  • lOwOllOwOl
    L3Joker wrote: »

What if i want to use a controller though? does'nt that defeat the object?

same with me . I cannot play a game like this without a controller .
    is there a way to use a controller wirelessly on steam that may allow it to work ?

atm no i reconnect my remote and crashes even in big picture mode. Might have to do with something on there own.
    punishthem420