[New Racers] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.kartrider.nexon.net/discussion/4/code-of-conduct

Team win calculation is too simple!

DieManDieMan
KartRider: Drift Rep: 300
in Gameplay Discussion
So whatever team color 1st is wins? That's not right at all, it should be more complicated like if you're playing duo and me and my buddy come in 2nd & 3rd and yellow comes in 1st and 7th then we should definitely win right? I just think there should be more consideration than just first place, like the average of positions or time or just something more than "1st wins" because if it's really a "team" match I think you should be able to win as a group, don't you think?
  1. Do you like the way the winners are chosen in team matchmaking?9 votes
    1. 1ST PLACE IS EVERYTHING!
       11% (1 vote)
    2. Overall team performance should be considered!
       89% (8 votes)

Comments

• ShooterXShooterX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 320
    Yes, I agree!
    The total performance of the whole team should be taken into account when choosing the winner. For example, would you be OK with losing to a team who's winner was 1st place and all the rest of them were 8th, 7th, and 6th? Just doesn't seem fair for a "team" battle" because in the end it seems like you are just racing to win first place even against your own teammates....
    DieMan
  • CapEricCapEric
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 880
    There is a points system in place if you take a closer look when the race ends.
    1st place gets 10 points 2nd place 8 points and so on...
  • ShooterXShooterX
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 320
    CapEric wrote: »
    There is a points system in place if you take a closer look when the race ends.
    1st place gets 10 points 2nd place 8 points and so on...

But first place wins no mater the total points!
    DieMan
  • DesaroDesaro
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 110
    Yeah absolutely agree, a points system would also make the races a lot more intense too!
    DieMan
  • CapEricCapEric
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 880
    I don't think it matters in ITEM MODE. That's how it was in Classic Kart Rider.
  • TTV_KnkodactTTV_Knkodact
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 230
    edited 8:04PM June 4, 2020
    I agree team performance should be re-consider! We got our whole squad(4 people) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th and their team didn't even finish the race and we still lost.
    DieMan
  • SauceHockey20SauceHockey20
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 220
    I was just coming here to post this same thing! I’m sure they’re not trying to copy Mario Kart too much, but the point system works.

I came in 1st with my team finishing 5th, 7th, 8th (last guy was inactive and didn’t even play), but we still won. Pretty unfair IMO for “team play”.
    DieManTTV_Knkodact
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 820
    edited 7:21PM June 5, 2020
    xdOt17f.png

Would love to see an explanation of how red team "won" this when literally one person from the team actually finished the track. It may as well not be team mode.
  • TTV_KnkodactTTV_Knkodact
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 230
    edited 10:41PM June 5, 2020
    Just an update for you guys they have added in a point system but just for the speed mode only.
  • ḐuskḐusk
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 425
    edited 4:57PM June 6, 2020
    Pretty sure the original KartRider Item Mode used the same point system as Speed Mode.

- Edit -
    Looked at some old footage of the original and apparently it's always been this way. Makes sense I suppose, item mode has pretty heavy RNG and you can really get screwed so having winner take all makes the focus more on helping a teammate gain a lead, where as speed mode is all skill-based so points are used instead.
  • TzazonTzazon
    KartRider: Drift Rep: 310
    I'll be an odd man out here and post the devils advocate, I've played a lot of item mode this closed beta. Having won 1st place in a lot of rounds where most of my team lagged behind the entire game, if you get 1st place on blue for example, and you're being trailed by 3 reds, the game is actually a lot harder for the person in 1st place than it is for the gang of people behind him. It's a team game, if the 3 to 4 of you trailing exactly behind the guy in 1st place and cannot get enough attacks/ufos/etc, together to knock out the guy in first place, than I wouldn't really say you're working as a team but individuals trying to win, and didn't deserve to win.

It's a lot harder trying to maintain a lead when all of your guys are in the rear and you're the only one riding solo at the lead. That's 3 people whose Will O' Wisps immediately target you upon being rolled, unless you get a wide enough map lead to hide yourself around turns/corners you're open to other attacks too, from the entire strength of the opposing team.

If you're complaining about a guy taking the lead in the last second by something like a magnet and speed boost at the end, I wouldn't say the points in item mode would really fix this issue considering the final placements of an item game are usually extremely different than where it was 10 seconds prior in the first place due to last minute item rolls and you'd just be pushing the issue down onto who gets 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

I feel like winner takes all in item mode makes sense, and a weighted point system in Speed makes sense for that game mode too. The biggest reasoning behind that is, winner takes all allows the back of the pack on your team to be able to focus on supporting the guy in the lead. A map I'll use as an example is wayward turnabout, with the way RNG is on items it's hard for me to go into that map and have my proficiency of the map be able to help me win. It's too close together, and there's opposing traffic coming at you too. So I'll focus more on supporting the guy in 1st and being a shield if I'm in 2nd or 3rd to block attacks that would be targeted towards them, or using attacks/other crowd control to maintain our lead if i'm in the back of the pack. It's a team based game mode, and I've noticed if you evaluate your teams positioning and use your items accordingly you can usually win the game either by leading the pack or in a support role.
    Ḑusk